What is ActiGin™?
ActiGin® is an all-natural, non-stimulant, performance-enhancing sports nutrition ingredient; a proprietary blend of highly purified and fractionated extracts of two Chinese Qi herb: Panax notoginseng and Rosa roxburghii.
- Panax notoginseng, also known as Chinese ginseng, is a key ingredient of Chinese medicine. It is thought to: reduce inflammation, increase blood flow, improve energy and the ability to exercise, and to reduce muscle soreness after exercise.
- Rosa roxburghii, also known as Chestnut Rose, is a famous Chinese traditional medicine with a long history.
ActiGin® is the result of 10 years of research and five human clinical trials and can be found in Ingenious Active
Why is it important?
Muscle contraction inevitably causes wear and tear of cell membranes, this leads to an accumulation of oxidised lipid components which can undermine physical performance. ActiGin® has been designed to boost energy for exercise, but also to protect the body from wear and tear of cell membranes.
ActiGin® can also help with the ageing process. Senescent cells are old, redundant cells that are no longer needed by the body. As time passes, the number of senescent cells in the body increases. These in turn are responsible for many effects of ageing and ill health. Clinical human trials have demonstrated that ActiGin® helps to eliminate senescent cells and replace them with healthy new ones. This can help reduce the rate at which the body appears to age.
The science of ActiGin™
In clinical trials, ActiGin® has been shown to both enhance endurance levels in high intensity exercise by up to 20% and then speed up muscle recovery time post exercise.
ActiGin® is able to increase endurance time in high intensity exercise due to its ability to preserve insulin receptors and glucose transporters during exercise, ensuring a continuous supply of blood glucose to the muscle to prevent it becoming fatigued too early.
Post exercise, ActiGin® speeds up muscle recovery time by lowering inflammation penetration in muscle tissue. During clinical trials scientists examined a number of biomarkers and found a 24% reduction in TBARS (a measurement of oxidative stress) a 44% reduction in MDA, (a second marker of oxidative stress) a 35% reduction in IL-6 (which measure inflammation) and a 69% decrease in creatine kinase (a marker of muscle damage).
Research shows that ActiGin® is able to:
- Increase endurance in high intensity exercise by up to 20%
- Increase energy production by 42%
- Decrease muscle damage after exercise by 69%
- Reduce free radical damage to muscles post exercise by 44%
- Reduce inflammation post exercise by 35%
- Maintain an optimum cell environment by eliminating old senescent cells